Knowing how to switch on and off your laptop’s keyboard lights will help you type more accurately when writing text or manipulate the keyboard keys more consistently when playing games in poorly lit areas or at night. So, for this or any other cause, in today’s post, you’ll learn How to Turn On and Off Backlit Keyboard ( Keyboard Light ) on Dell Inspiron Series.
Modern laptops include an innovative feature that allows you to turn on the keyboard light. The keys for turning on and off the keyboard lights vary depending on the type of laptop keyboard. However, turning on and off the keyboard lights on Dell Laptops is rather straightforward.
DELL, on the other hand, offers a backlit keyboard as an option on their laptops and notebooks. Unlike the Apple MacBook Pro, however, there is no sensor that can instantly turn on the backlit keyboard in low light. You must manually turn on the lighted keyboard if your device has one.
How to Turn On and Off Keyboard Light on Dell Laptops
There are 2 different methods to enable and disable the Backlit Keyboard on Dell laptops:
- Turn On & Off Keyboard Light via Keyboard Shortcut
- Enable/Disable Backlit Keyboard on Dell via BIOS
Method 1. Turn On/Off Backlit Keyboard on Dell via Keyboard Shortcut
It’s simple to enable and disable the keyboard light using the keyboard shortcut. All you have to do now is find the correct key. There are numerous keyboard functions to activate your keyboard’s backlight, depending on the model of your Dell.
Note: The simplest way to figure it out is to search for a bright rectangle icon on the function keys.
- Press the F5 key or the key combination Fn + F5 to Switch On the Dell laptop keyboard lighting.
- If you wish to Switch Off the Dell laptop keyboard light, simply hit the F5 key on the keyboard or Fn + F5 on the keyboard.
Method 2. Enable & Disable Backlit Keyboard on Dell from BIOS
- To get to Dell BIOS Setup, restart your Dell laptop and then quickly press the F2 key.
- Select Keyboard from the left side menu, then either select Dim (50 percent brightness level) or Bright (100 percent brightness level) for the keyboard illumination option.
- To Disable the Keyboard Light, Simply select the Disabled option.
- Click EXIT once the feature has been Enabled or Disabled. To save the changes, select Yes when prompted.
How to Check If My Laptop’s Keyboard Has a Backlight.
One of the simplest ways to tell if your laptop has a keyboard backlight is to look at the keyboard itself; if you see any of the manufacturer’s symbols in the screenshots above, you can turn it on.
That’s it. These were the 2 different methods to Turn On and Off Backlit Keyboard ( Keyboard Light ) on Dell Inspiron Series. I Hope You Found this Guide Helpful.
You May Also Like:
How to Check Dell Laptop Battery Health in Windows 11 and 10
How to Enable Virtualization in BIOS on Dell Inspiron Laptops Windows 11