Are you concerned about sending photos and videos that disappear after they’ve been seen on WhatsApp? Or want to know how can you self-destruct a photo on WhatsApp? This post is for you if you’re looking for solutions to these questions. In this guide, you will come to know about How to Send View Once Photos & Videos on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp has introduced a new feature for its mobile app that aims to mimic the likes of Snapchat. While Disappearing Messages on the platform stretches to a minimum of seven days, WhatsApp has added a new View Once feature for photos and videos. The new feature is now available on iPhone as well as Android.
You can send a photo or video that will disappear on WhatsApp after the recipient has opened it and exited the media viewer. Once they exit the media viewer, the media will no longer be visible in that chat and they can’t view it again. View once photos and videos won’t be saved to the recipient’s Photos or Gallery, and they can’t forward them.
How to Send Disappearing Photos & Videos on WhatsApp (Android & iPhone)
WhatsApp is one of the finest messaging applications for Android and iPhone, because of its privacy and security. The most recent privacy feature to arrive on the platform is “View Once” media, which allows you to share images and movies that will disappear after being accessed once. If you’re not familiar with the mechanics, we’ve created a list of step-by-step instructions that will allow you to send view once photos & videos on WhatsApp.
On both Android and iPhone, follow these steps to share a see once photo & video over WhatsApp:
- Launch WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Open one of your WhatsApp chats that you want to send self-destructing photos/videos.
- Tap on the attachment icon at the bottom beside the camera icon.
- You may either choose photos or videos here from the Gallery or take a photo/video using a Camera.
- Select your photo/video and then to set the media to View Once, tap the One-time icon at the bottom.
- By now you should see the One-time icon highlighted in green. This means the media you’re sending can only be viewed once.
- Tap the Send button to send the View Once photo and video.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Open any of your WhatsApp chats that you want to send disappearing photos and videos.
- Tap on the + icon at the bottom left corner and then choose either Camera or Photo & Video Library.
- When your photo is selected, tap the One-time icon at the bottom to make the media viewable just once then tap the Send button at the bottom of the screen.
So, that was how to send view once photos & videos pn WhatsApp (Android & iPhone). Notably, the material will remain in the chatbox for 14 days if you do not open the message. The material, however, will automatically expire after 14 days. As with personal chats, WhatsApp claims that the view once media is protected by end-to-end encryption, which means that even WhatsApp cannot see it.
How to Send High-Quality Photos And Videos On WhatsApp ( Android & iPhone )
How to use two WhatsApp on one Samsung phone