Can’t You find the ‘Rename’ option in Windows 11 File Explorer’s new menu? Don’t Worry! Here, this guide helps you to find out many ways to Rename a File or Folder in Windows 11.
Changing the name of a folder or file in Windows 11 is a piece of cake, As there are multiple ways to rename a file or folder. In fact, Windows 11 has a new interface, a centered taskbar, and revamped settings, among other major and minor changes. While users have mixed feelings about these changes, Windows 11 as a whole is much more user-friendly.
One of the most noticeable differences (from previous versions of Windows) is the absence of the ‘Rename’ option in the context menu when you right-click on a file or folder. Windows 11 has revamped the context menu, making it less cluttered and, to be honest, it looks a lot better now. So, how exactly do you rename a file or folder in Windows 11?
Renaming a file in Windows is no longer the same, so it’s time to get familiar with the new process. In this guide, I’ll show you 5 easy ways to rename a folder or file in Windows 11. Let’s get started …
How to Rename a Folder in Windows 11
As I stated previously, there are several methods for renaming a file or folder in Windows; accordingly, the methods are listed below.
Method 1. Rename a File/Folder using Keyboard Shortcut
This is the simplest and quickest approach to Rename a File or a Folder in Windows 11.
- Select a file/folder and then press F2 or FN+F2.
- Then, type the new name and press enter to save the changes.
Method 2. Rename a File Via Rename Icon in Context Menu
- Simply right-click on the Folder/File and select the Rename icon next to the copy icon.
- Now, Type the new name and press enter to save the changes.
Method 3. Rename a File/Folder Using Show More Options
- Right-click on a file/folder and select Show more options.
- Then click Rename.
- Now, type the new name and press enter to save the changes.
Method 4. Rename a File Via Folder Properties
- Right-click on the folder, select Show more options and then select Properties.
- Now in the folder properties window and in the General tab, type a new folder name and then select OK.
That’s it. These were all the simplest methods to Rename a File or Folder in Windows Eleven. I hope you found this post beneficial. Thanks.
You May Also Like