WhatsApp’s latest update adds a few long-awaited improvements, including the ability to react to messages with emoji reactions. So, if you’re interested in using WhatsApp emoji reactions, you’ll find instructions in this post to learn How to React to WhatsApp Messages with Emojis on Android & Desktop.
WhatsApp has begun spreading out the option to respond to messages in a chat with an emoji after teasing and testing the feature with beta users for a few months. You can now respond to messages with an emoji instead of typing a reply, just like on Instagram and Messenger. WhatsApp’s emoji reactions feature is now available to all iOS, Android, and desktop/web users.
The days of being confused about how to respond to uncomfortable “LOL” or “Hahaha” comments are passed. Let’s have a look at how these reactions function and how to apply them across all devices.
How WhatsApp’s Emoji Reactions Work
WhatsApp’s emoji reactions, as the title indicates, allow you to answer messages with emojis. Instagram and Facebook Messenger, both owned by Meta, have had this feature for a long, while WhatsApp is just getting started.
WhatsApp is available for individual and group chats on all devices (iOS, Android, and Web), and it presently has six reaction emojis:
- Thumbs up (👍)
- Heart (❤️)
- Face with tears of joy (😂)
- Face with mouth open (😮)
- Crying face (😢)
- Folded hands (🙏)
More emoji options and a larger range of skin colors will be available in future versions.
How to React to WhatsApp Messages with Emojis on Android
The emoji reactions in WhatsApp are easy to find and use. On both Android and iOS, the procedure is the same. Let’s begin with how to react to WhatsApp messages with Emojis on Android (Phone).
Note: You must download or update the most recent version of the WhatsApp mobile app.
- Launch WhatsApp and open any of your conversations.
- Now, Long-press on the message you want to react to.
- The available emojis will pop up, and you can tap any of them to select.
- You’ll see the reaction emoji at the bottom of the message bubble, and so will the person on the other side.
- You can also check who has reacted to a message by tapping on the emoji on a message bubble.
- When you use an emoji reaction, recipients will receive a notification similar to when you send a conventional WhatsApp message.
How to React to WhatsApp Messages with Emojis on Desktop
It’s just as simple to react to WhatsApp messages on your computer as it is on your phone. This is how:
- Open a conversation and move the mouse over a message.
- Click on the emoji icon that appears and select an emoji.
- The emoji will be added below the message bubble you reacted to.
That’s it. These were the easy and simple steps to react to WhatsApp messages with emojis on Android and Desktop. Because the feature is currently being rolled out, not all users will have access to it. Because WhatsApp has over two billion users, it’s usual for Message Reactions to take a few days to reach everyone. Those who have not yet used the feature should do so as soon as feasible.
You May Also Like
How To Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages and Chats
How to Hide Your Online Status on WhatsApp ( Two Easy Ways )
How To Send View Once Photos & Videos on WhatsApp – Android & iPhone