I have got you covered if you want a clean desktop with no icons hiding a single pixel of your new Windows 11 wallpapers. Everything you need is already on the Start menu, but what about the nagging Recycle Bin? I am thinking you’d prefer it to be pinned to your taskbar. So, let’s learn How to Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar in Windows 11 and 10.
Most of us prefer a clean desktop with all of our icons located in the start menu or taskbar. Only the Recycle bin remains on the desktop, which spoils the whole view of the desktop.
For faster access, some users prefer to have their icons pinned to the taskbar rather than on their desktop. On the other side, at first glance, some desktop icons can only be pinned to the Start menu or taskbar. The Recycle Bin, for example, is not able to be pinned to the taskbar in Windows 11 or Windows 10.
How to Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar in Windows 11 & 10
The recycle bin cannot be dragged and dropped to the taskbar. To see the recycle bin icon, we must manually build a recycle bin shortcut to the taskbar. The good news is that we have a number of options for achieving our objectives. In this straightforward post, I’ll show you how to pin the recycle bin to the taskbar in Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Follow the steps below to pin recycle bin to the taskbar in Windows 11 & 10:
- Right-click on the desktop, and select New Item and then click Shortcut.
- Now, add the following location and then click Next.
- Type the shortcut name Recycle Bin and then click Finish.
- Now, right-click on the shortcut and then select Show more options.
- Click on the Properties.
- In the Recycle Bin Properties Windows, click on the Change icon…
- Here, Add the below-mentioned line in the Look for icons in this file field and press Enter.
- Now, find and select the Recycle Bin icon and then click OK.
- At last, click Apply and then OK.
- Now, Right-click on the Recycle Bin icon and choose to Show more options.
- Finally, click on the Pin to taskbar option to Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar.
- Here below you can see that the Recycle Bin icon is added to the Windows 11 taskbar.
How to Remove Recycle-Bin Icon from Windows 11 Taskbar
- To remove the Recycle Bin Icon from Windows 11 Taskbar, just Right-click on the Recycle Bin icon and then choose Unpin from the taskbar.
That’s it. So this was all about How to Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar in Windows 11 and 10. I hope you found this post beneficail.
You May Also Like