You might want to connect your phone to your Windows 11 laptop, or your laptop to any television. As a result of this or any other reason, You must first add and install the wireless display optional feature in Windows 11 before you can project your Windows 11 PC to another device or vice versa. So, in this guide, I will Guide You on How to Install Wireless Display in Windows 11 with Ease.
Before you can project your Windows 11 PC to another device or vice versa, you must first Add the Wireless Display optional feature in Windows. Without it, the PC will be unable to use the wireless display feature and will not be recognized as a wireless display device.
A wireless display is any display that can be accessed wirelessly from another device such as a laptop, tablet, or smartphone. The vast majority of wireless display solutions on the market communicate via traditional IP networks such as WiFi. In other words, users must first join the Wi-Fi network to which the wireless display is connected in order to connect. In general, business wireless display solutions today are made up of separate consoles or dongles that connect to existing monitors to make them wirelessly accessible. Learn more about Mersive’s wireless display system, Solstice.
Moreover, the Windows 11 Wireless Display feature expands your visual workspace while improving your PC’s adaptability. You can use your PC as a wireless display to receive video from tablets, phones, or other Windows 11 PCs. It allows you to use your PC as a second display for tasks that require additional screen space.
How to Install Wireless Display in Windows 11
To screen mirror and project Windows 11 PC or Laptop to any other device, install the Wireless Display feature on your Windows 11 PC and ensure that both the device and your PC support Miracast.
So, Follow the steps below to add or install Wireless Display in Windows 11:
- Press the Windows + I key to go to the Setting.
- In the Setting window, click on the Apps and Select Optional features.
- Now, select View features beside to Add an optional feature.
- Here, scroll down and locate the Wireless Display then check the box beside it after that click Next.
- Now, click on Install and wait for a moment to set up the Wireless Display.
- Finally, you have installed the Wireless display in your Windows Eleven Successfully.
Also Read: How to Screen Mirror Samsung to Windows 11 PC & Laptop
Fix Wireless Display Install Failed Error in Windows Eleven
Some of the possible causes of the Install failed error when attempting to install Wireless Display features on Windows Eleven are as follows:
- Connect to a different Internet source.
- Disable the metered connection.
- Install via Command Prompt.
1. Connect to a Different Internet Source
It is possible that a random issue is causing poor Internet access. You might not be connected to an active internet connection. So, connect to a Different Internet Source.
2. Disable the Metered Connection
- Go to the Settings and navigate Network and Internet then select Properties.
- Now in here, turn Off the Metered connection.
After you’ve disabled the metered connection, try installing the Wireless Display optional feature again by following the steps outlined above.
3. Install the Wireless Display via Command Prompt
- Open the CMD (Command Prompt) as an Administrator.
- Then copy and paste the following command and then press Enter.
DISM /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:App.WirelessDisplay.Connect~~~~0.0.1.0
That’s it. These were all the procedures and the steps to add and install Wireless Display in Windows 11 PC and laptops. I hope you found this post beneficial, Thanks.
You May Also Like
How to Check Laptop Generation in Windows 11 ( 3 Simple Ways )
How to Show Internet Speed on Taskbar in Windows 11