Under certain conditions, we may need to use macOS on a Windows 10 PC. The most direct and reliable approach is to get a Mac. This is, however, the most costly option. If you’re on a low budget and want to set up a macOS environment for testing or other purposes, installing VirtualBox or VMware Work Station on Windows 10 makes it simple. In this article, we are going to show you how to Install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows 10.
The new Apple operating system includes a number of significant new features and software enhancements. This update outperforms all prior Mac OS versions. Apple put forth a lot of effort and created macOS Big Sur with innovative ideas. Menu bars, Dock, Notification Center, Safari Web Browser, Maps, Messages, Control Center, and a slew of other useful features have all been updated.
What is WWDC?
WWDC, or Apple Worldwide Developers Conference, is an annual event hosted by Apple. WWDC is a pivotal event for Apple, its developers, and its customers. Apple developers bring some of the most significant breakthroughs to life at WWDC. Some innovations outperform our wildest dreams. This year, Apple modified the format of WWDC, making it a live event. Although many people watched WWDC live, there are still many who want to view it for the first or second time. On Apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple Developer website, and the Apple TV app on the Apple TV, users may watch and replay the event. You may also watch WWDC on YouTube, the world’s largest and most user-friendly platform.
On Monday, June 22nd, WWDC 2020 took place, and one of the most significant announcements was macOS Big Sur. Apple’s macOS Big Sur upgrade is one of the best. It debuted with a brand-new format at WWDC 2020, and it was a smash hit. The new macOS and the new WWDC technique were well received. Apple announced many excellent software enhancements in iOS, macOS, and everything other software at WWDC 2020, but they did mention upcoming hardware updates.
macOS Big Sur News & Features
Big Sur has a lot of new and exciting features. New Control Center, Notification Center, Safari, Messages, Maps, and many other major changes are among the most significant updates in Big Sur. Apple has upgraded the menu bar, which now has more room and additional editing capabilities for photos and movies. The new menu bar has also improved color adjustment, so you can now edit your photos like an expert. So, with all of these characteristics in mind, let’s look at how to install macOS Big Sur on a Windows PC using VMware.
Install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows 10
You’ll need to download certain essential files before you can install and run macOS Big Sur on VMware on a Windows 10 PC or laptop.
Note: On your Windows 10 PC or laptop, make sure Virtualization Technology is turned on before installing macOS Big Sur. If Virtualization Technology is deactivated on your HP or Dell laptop, use the links below to enable it:
Download these required Files:
- Download macOS Big Sur ISO
- Download VMware Workstation 16 Pro
- Download the macOS Unlocker V3 for VMware
Step 1: Install VMware on Windows 10
VMware Workstation Pro is software that allows you to run many operating systems on a single desktop computer without having to install them. Engineers, schools, and organizations can test programs on their devices using this strategy, which eliminates the need for several machines to manage diverse tasks. It also provides a great setting for cloud and platform testing.
Step 2: Unlock VMware to Install macOS Big Sur on Windows
- Make sure the VMware Workstation virtual machine is entirely closed and exited before unlocking it.
- Now, go to the above-mentioned link and download the VMware Unlocker then extract it.
- Right-click on the win-install.cmd and then click Run as Administrator.
- Wait a few moments for the downloading process to finish.
Step 3: Create a New Virtual Machine
- Open the VMware Workstation app and then click on Create a New Virtual Machine.
- Let the Typical (recommended) Configuration option as it is and click Next.
- Now, select I will install the operating system later and click Next.
- Under the Guest operating system, Select Apple Mac OS X. Choose 11.0 for the version and then click Next.
- Give a name to your virtual machine, like macOS Big Sur, and click Next.
- Allocate the disk size, then select Store virtual disk as a single file, and then click Next.
- Now click Customize Hardware to configure macOS Big Sur virtual machine.
- On the ” Memory “ tab, allocate the amount of RAM. Remember that selecting Higher RAM, gives higher performance results.
- Now, on the Processors tab, increase the CPU processor core.
- Click the New CD/DVD (SATA) option then click Use ISO image file, and then click Browse.
- Locate the macOS Big Sur ISO file and then click Open.
- At last, select Close and then Finish.
Step 5: Edit macOS Big Sur VMX File
- Now go to Documents > Virtual Machines > macOS Big Sur > Right-click on macOS Big Sur.vmx then open it using Notepad.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the texts and add the below code and then click on File and Save.
smbios.reflectHost = “TRUE”
hw.model = “MacBookPro14,3”
board-id = “Mac-551B86E5744E2388”
smc.version = “0”
Step 6: Start the macOS Big Sur Virtual Machine
- Open the VMware application and select the macOS Big Sur virtual machine and then click Power on this virtual machine.
- Wait for a while that it should boot up.
- Select your preferred language and then click the “arrow icon” at the bottom right-hand corner.
- Now, select Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Select VMware Virtual SATA Hard Drive Media and then click Erase.
- Type in the Name section like macOS Big Sur, select APFS for the Format and select GUID Partition Map for the Scheme and then click Erase.
- Now click Done.
- Click on the Disk Utility tab and then select Quit Disk Utility.
- Now, select Install macOS Big Sur and click Continue.
- Now, click Continue and then Agree.
- Select the macOS Big Sur disk and then click Continue
- Now is the time to be patient. It will take 20 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer’s or laptop’s speed.
Step #7: Setup & Complete Basic macOS Account Settings
It’s time to set up the macOS Big Sur operating system for the first time on VMware when the macOS Big Sur installation is completed.
- Select your country/region on the Welcome screen, and then click Continue.
- Click the Settings to customize Language, Input, and Dictation. If you don’t wanna set it now, so click Continue.
- Now, on the Accessibility page, click Not Now
- Click Continue on the Data & Privacy page.
- Click Not Now on the Migration Assistant page.
- Now in here, if you don’t have an Apple ID select Set Up Later. However, if you’ve Apple ID then Enter it and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Here, create an account with a Full name and password then click Continue.
- Select Continue on the Express Set Up screen.
- Select Continue on the Analytics page as well.
- Select Set Up Later on the Screen Time Page.
- Select your preferred look: Light, Dark, and Auto, and then click Continue.
- Now let the system Set Up Your Mac.
- Finally, now macOS Big Sur is successfully installed on VMware.
That is all there is to it. This tutorial was to show you how to Install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows 10 PC or laptop and then run it. The installation was quite simple. All you have to do now is download the necessary files and ensure that Virtualization Technology is activated in the BIOS before continuing. If you found the preceding guide to be helpful, please let us know.