Dolby Atmos enhances digital audio quality for a unique listening experience. It allows the consumer to adjust the sound system and create a unique ambiance at the cinema. So, in this guide, you are going to learn How to Install Dolby Atmos in Windows 11 For Free.
Dolby Atmos is one of the most cutting-edge sound systems available today. Both Microsoft’s Xbox One and Sony’s PlayStation 4 have outstanding hardware, making the Dolby Atmos-certified sound system for consoles simple to use. Unfortunately, Windows 10/11 PCs are not in the same boat.
Dolby is an audio compression method that provides a sound that is comparable to movie soundtracks and compresses it for us to enjoy at home. It’s designed for big rooms with big, cinema-style speakers. All of this is done without degrading the sound quality.
Difference Between Dolby Audio and Dolby Atmos
Dolby Audio is a double audio technology that enhances the sound quality of whatever you’re seeing, whether it’s a sporting event, a streaming movie, or a DVD or Blu-ray disc.
Dolby Atmos, on the other hand, is a 3D immersive technology that allows a speaker or speaker system to fool your brain into thinking you’re surrounded by sound even when you’re not.
How to Install Dolby Atmos in Windows 11
Step 1. Download Dolby Atmos App
You’ll need to download the Dolby Atmos file to use Dolby Atmos on your Windows 11 computer.
To get the Dolby Atmos app, go to this link. Cooltechtics.com deserves credit.
Step 2. Enable Developer Mode
- Press Windows key + I to go to Settings.
- Click on Privacy & Security on the left side pane and then choose For developers.
- Enable the Developer Mode and then click Yes to confirm.
Step 3. Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
- Now, click on Start Menu Icon and click on Power Button then Press and hold the Shift key and then click on Restart.
- Now, Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
- Finally, press the F7 key to Disable driver signature enforcement.
Step 3. Update Sound Driver
- After downloading the Dolby Atmos app from the above-mentioned website, extract it. Now open the extracted folder, double-click on the driver folder, finally, extract the file named Win11_x64 folder.
- Right-click on the Start Menu button and choose Device Manager.
- Here, double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers, and then Right-click on High Definition Audio Device ( Realtek(R) Audio and then select Update driver.
- Click on Browse my computer for drivers.
- Choose Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Select the Have Disk and then click on Browse.
- Now, go to the extracted folder of Dolby Atmos > driver > Win11_x64, choose the hdaudio.inf file and then click Open.
- Click Ok.
- Here, select Dolby Atmos and click Next then Click Yes.
- Select Install this driver software anyway if you’re prompted.
- Once it is installed, click Close.
Step 5. Install Dolby Atmos App
- Now, open the Dolby Atmos file which you have extracted before then open the App folder.
- Double-click the app2021 file to open it.
- Click Install to install Dolby Atmos.
- Wait until the installation is complete before continuing.
- That’s it. Dolby Atmos is Successfully installed on your Windows 11 PC.
So, this was the way for How to Install Dolby Atmos in Windows 11 For Free. Due to the technology’s immersive and compelling listening interface, Dolby Atmos is clearly the way of the future. The Dolby Control software should function well to assist you to improve the overall sound quality of your speakers, whether you have a Dolby Atmos-approved sound system or a microphone.
You May Also Like