If you have an older laptop or PC that is no longer supported by any of the popular operating systems and you want it could live a little longer, let’s Install Chrome OS Flex on VMware. Which is a more customizable Chrome OS version. Chrome OS Flex is a new operating system that is supposed to be lightweight and useful for basic tasks such as online browsing and chores. So, in today’s post, I will show you the steps to install Chrome OS Flex on a Virtual Machine like VMware Workstation in Windows 11.
A virtual machine is a program that allows you to create a new computer within your current one. It uses the resources of the real computer, and you may control how much RAM and storage the virtual machine can utilize. Virtual machines are useful for trying out new programs, testing them to see how they operate, or simply looking at new features in a particular operating system.
Google has released a lighter version of Chrome OS geared primarily at educational institutions and personal use. It uses minimal resources on your hard disc and is capable of running on slow and outdated PCs because it is largely focused on cloud integration. Furthermore, Chrome OS Flex is built on Neverware CloudReady 2.0, which Google just purchased.
In the current situation, Chrome OS Flex is still in the developer preview. So a few bugs and issues are along the expected lines. To solve all of these concerns, one solution is to install Chrome OS Flex on VMware Workstation (Virtual Machine). In this manner, you may test out the complete OS and make the needed changes without affecting any other part of your PC. Even if you encounter a problem, you can just close the VM and restart it, and the OS will be back up and running in a matter of seconds. However, there is a catch. Because Flex (Neverware CloudReady 2.0) was only released a few days ago, virtual images aren’t currently available.
Install Chrome OS Flex on VMware Workstation in Windows 11
Before we begin with the process of how to install and run Chrome OS Flex on a Virtual machine, there are a few items that you will need.
- ChromeOS Flex.cva file
- VMware 16
- Internet Connection
Step 1: Install VMware Workstation
- First of all Download VMware Workstation and then launch the installer and click Next.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and then click Next and Next.
- Now select the installation location and any other features you want to download (keyboard drivers are optional but recommended, but the system path is necessary, so checkmark both).
- Next, select the user experience options you need and press the Next button.
- Choose the Shortcuts options and then click Next.
- Finally, press the Install button. When you’re done, click Finish.
Step 2: Download Chrome OS Flex VMWare OVA File
Now, download the CloudReady 10 Virtual image for the VMWare from its official site: Download v83 (64bit) CloudReady: Home Edition OVA file.
Step 3: Install Chrome OS Flex on VMware Workstation in Windows 11
- To begin, launch VMWare and click on Open a Virtual Machine.
- Then select the downloaded Chrome Flex OVA File and click Open.
- Now choose Import and give it a name and the storage directory where it will keep all of your usage sessions.
- The import procedure will now start.
- Now, to launch the OS, choose Power on this Virtual Machine.
- Click Let’s go. The Chrome OS will launch, and you may configure it using your Google account.
- Finally, the Chrome OS Flex is successfully installed on VMware in Windows 11.
That’s all. These are the procedures to Install Chrome OS Flex on VMware Workstation in Windows 11. This is a simple and quick method if you use the correct Chrome OS Flex disc image file. It is critical to understand that Chrome OS Flex is not the same as Chrome OS. For starters, Chrome OS Flex does not support Android applications, but it does support Linux programs and instructions. Let us know what you think about Chrome OS Flex and whether you plan to install it on any of your older desktops or laptops in the comments.
You May Also Like
How to Install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows 10 – PC & Laptop
How to Install Windows 11 on VMware Workstation in Windows 10
Download macOS Monterey DMG File For Virtual Machine