Don’t worry If you are new to Windows 11 and don’t know How to Change or Reset a PIN in Windows 11. In this post, you are going to learn that easily.
To sign into their devices with Windows Hello, users can use a PIN, facial recognition, or a fingerprint. When you use facial recognition or fingerprint scanner to login into Windows, you must also configure a PIN. A PIN can also be used to sign in to Windows 11 on its own.
If you want to change or you have forgotten your Windows PIN, you may reset it from the sign-in screen or by logging in with your password account and then resetting it from the Windows Settings app. Whatever technique you use to reset the PIN, it should be simple and easy.
Because your PIN is also linked to your Microsoft account, you must know your Microsoft account’s sign-in credentials. If you are unable to confirm your Microsoft account, you may need to create a local password account.
If you’ve forgotten your Windows PIN and want to reset or change it, the steps below will help you how to reset a forgotten pin in Windows 11.
How to Change or Reset a PIN in Windows 11
It is necessary to have a valid local password account or a Microsoft online account in order to reset the Windows PIN. You may not be able to reset your account PIN if you are unable to validate those accounts.
- On Windows 11 log-on screen, you can click the I forgot my PIN link to reset your forgotten PIN.
- If you can log in with your local password or Microsoft account, then enter your password and click Sign in.
- It will send a code to the number connected to your Microsoft account. Put that number and click Verify.
- Now, type your new Pin and then click Ok.
To Change or Reset a Forgotten PIN in Windows 11 From Settings:
- Go to the System Settings, you can use the Windows + I Key shortcut to open Settings directly.
- In Settings, click Accounts, then select the Sign-in options tile on the right side.
- Now, click on the PIN (Windows Hello) tile to expand it. Then click the I forgot my PIN link to reset your PIN.
- Click the Continue button to confirm that you wish to reset your PIN.
- Once you click the forgot PIN link, you’ll have two options to validate your account. You can either use a local password account to confirm or a Microsoft account.
- Once you validate your account, you’ll be allowed to reset your Windows PIN.
- That should do it!
That’s it. This was the procedure to Change or Reset a PIN in Windows 11 in very easy steps. I hope you found this post useful, thanks.
You May Also Like