Do you want to know how to make yourself hidden on WhatsApp? i.e., when using WhatsApp, hide your online status? The solutions are listed below in a step-by-step sequence on How to Hide Your Online Status on WhatsApp through different easy ways.
WhatsApp is our preferred messaging software, and despite the numerous privacy issues, it remains the most utilized program on our phones. WhatsApp has a feature that records the time spent on the app by all users and shows their most recent online status publicly. Other user activities are also displayed publicly on the platform, such as when you type a message to your contacts, the status is displayed as “Typing…” When you’re offline, the “Last seen time” is the last time you used the app. And this is information that some users are hesitant to share with others.
There are a number of reasons why someone would not want to be viewed as being ‘online’ on WhatsApp. The reason you searched for this advice is number one and many more causes. You may disable your Online Status on your WhatsApp using the easy techniques listed below. Let’s get the job done.
How to Hide Your Online Status on WhatsApp ( Android & iOS )
We will go through two different ways to Hide your Last seen and Online Status on WhatsApp. Follow the instructions below:
Method 1: Hide Online Status on WhatsApp through Settings
- Open WhatsApp and tap on 3 dots menu at top right corner then select the Settings.
- Tap on the Account and Select Privacy option from the list.
- Then tap on ‘Last Seen’ on and finally, select Nobody to hide your online WhatsApp status.
- You can now see that it Hides your Online WhatsApp Status, so no one knows if you are online.
- Change the options to “My contacts” if you wish to show your contacts the last seen status. This is the most convenient way to read and react to Whatsapp messages without letting your friends know you’re online.
Method 2: Use Airplane Mode to Remove Online Status on WhatsApp
- When you turn on airplane mode, you’ll be able to read messages while appearing offline, which means your last seen status won’t change from what it was before you turned on airplane mode. For example, if your last seen was 5 minutes ago, when you log in to WhatsApp while on airplane mode, read messages, and then log out after 5 minutes and turn off airplane mode to normal, your last seen will still be visible as now. Isn’t it cool? Anyway, give it a go and see how it goes.
WhatsApp displays your Last Seen status, which is a timestamp of when you last accessed the program, to your contacts by default. This function is extremely unique, yet it also violates users’ privacy. If you don’t want to share this information with your contacts, you may use one of the two methods listed above to hide your online status on WhatsApp, I hope this post was helpful for you.
You May Also Like: