There are a variety of situations in which knowing where to find your Windows 11 product key is essential. Perhaps your PC is performing slowly, and you’d like to install Windows 11 from fresh. Alternatively, you may require the license to be transferred to a new computer. Whatever the reason should be, in this guide you will learn How to Find Your Windows 11 Product Key Easily.
The Windows Activation Key, also known as the Product Key, is a chain of letters and digits used to verify the validity of a Windows license. A Windows product key is used to confirm that the operating system isn’t being used on more than one computer, as stated in Microsoft’s terms and conditions. When you run a fresh installation of Windows, the OS will ask you for a product key.
How to Find Your Windows 11 Product Key Easily
There isn’t an obvious place to look for the product key because it’s not supposed to be shared. However, it is quite simple to find your Windows 11 Product Key using the Command Prompt, Registry Editor, and Windows PowerShell. So, let’s get started.
Method 1. Find Windows 11 Product Key Via Command Prompt (CMD)
- Type ‘CMD’ or ‘Command Prompt’ in the Start Menu Search and click Open.
- On the Command Prompt window, copy & paste the following text and then press Enter.
wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
- Once you hit enter, your product key will appear in the command line below. It’s a good idea to write it down somewhere safe.
Note: This method will only work if you have activated Windows 11 using a Product Key. If you used a digital license to activate Windows, it will not appear here.
Method 2. Discover Windows 11 Product Key Via Registry Editor
Important system files and folders are kept in the Windows Registry. As a result, it should come as no surprise that the Product key may be found here.
- Search for ‘Registry Editor’ in the Start Menu search and click Open.
- When the Registry Editor window opens up, copy & paste the following address inside the address bar and press Enter.
- Now look for ‘BackupProductKeyDefault’ under the Name section. You will find your product key listed in the same row under the Data section.
Method 3. Discover Product Key Using Windows PowerShell
- Type ‘PowerShell’ in the Start menu search, right-click on it, and select Run as administrator.
- On the PowerShell Window, copy & paste the following command line and press Enter. After that, it will show your product key in the following command line.
powershell “(Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’).OA3xOriginalProductKey”
Use Third-party Software to Find Windows Eleven Product key
You can use third-party applications to discover your Windows 11 product key if you don’t want to go through the process of manually finding it. You can install a variety of applications that will automatically recover the Product Key for you.
ShowKeyPlus and Windows 10 OEM Product Key tool are two third-party tools that can help you discover your Windows 11 Product key quickly. The procedure is also very simple. Simply download the installer from the website and run the program.
That’s it. These were all the methods to find Your Windows 11 Product Key Easily. I hope you found this post to be useful. Thanks.
You May Also Like
How to Enable or Disable BitLocker Drive Encryption in Windows 11
How to Add Exclusion for Windows Defender in Windows 11