Dell is a well-known PC manufacturer. A touch screen is a fantastic alternative because it allows you to navigate a laptop’s operating system with your finger instead of a mouse. The touch screen on your laptop or Chromebook is enabled and switched on by default. However, today you will learn How to Enable and Disable Touch Screen on Dell in Windows 11
Many laptops now come with a touch screen display and Windows 11. This combines the best of both worlds by letting you use a tablet’s touch screen as well as a laptop’s keyboard and mouse.
If your touch screen isn’t working for some reason, you can try manually turning it on. If the touch screen isn’t working properly, you might try calibrating it. You also have the option of turning off the touch screen entirely.
How to Enable and Disable Touch Screen on Dell in Windows 11
I will show you the two easiest methods to Enable and Disable the Touch Screen on Dell Laptops in Windows 11.
Method 1. Disable-Enable Touch Screen Via Device Manager
To Turn Off or Turn On the Dell laptop touch screen immediately but temporarily, you can disable and enable the touch screen device from the Device Manager. Follow the steps below to do so …
Note: This solution works on other touch laptops as well.
- Right-click on the Start menu button and then choose Device Manager or Press Windows key + X and then select Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager Windows, expand the Human Interface Devices.
- Here, right-click on the HID-compliant touch screen and then select Disable device if the touch screen is Enabled.
- And right-click on the HID-compliant touch screen and then select Enable device if the touch screen is Disabled.
Note: The touch screen is already enabled if you don’t see the “Enable device” or ” Disable device” option in the pop-up menu.
Method 2. Turn On and Off TouchScreen in BIOS.
- Restart your Dell laptop and then press the F2 key immediately to go to Dell BIOS.
- Go to the Display menu and then Turn Off or On Touch Screen.
- Once done, then click on EXIT at the down right corner and click Yes to save the changes.
If your touch screen isn’t responding, clean it to remove any debris, dust, or fingerprints. Also, wash and dry your hands well to eliminate any oils, and then try using the touch screen again. If it still doesn’t function, it’s possible that it’s broken and has to be replaced.
You can also examine if there are any updated touch screen drivers on the manufacturer’s website. To see if this fixes the problem, run Windows Update or download and install the newest touch screen drivers.
That’s it. So these two methods were the simplest way to Enable and Disable Touch Screen on Dell in Windows 11. I hope you found this post beneficial and your feedbacks are most appreciated. Thanks.
You May Also Like