Whether you call it News Feed, Article News, My Feed or Microsoft News and it’s a feature Microsoft introduces to the Edge browser. However, if you don’t find Microsoft’s news feature useful then you can always disable it. Meanwhile, in this particular post, we’ll guide you on how to disable my feed on Microsoft Edge Chromium in Windows 10.
It’s been a while since the new Microsoft Edge browser was released. The good news is that it is now built on the Chromium engine, allowing you to use Chrome extensions on the Edge browser. Aside from that, there are numerous additional characteristics of the new browser that are causing users to switch to it as their main browser.
What is News Feed on Edge?
Microsoft added the “My Feed” feature in Beginning with version 87. However, according to Microsoft: “This customisable feed is intended to keep you informed and connected to industry information pertinent to your business or firm. Previously, the new tab experience provided news as a distinct option; now, you’ll get the best of both work and news in a single view “Microsoft Edge Team said.
Microsoft Edge My Feed has the following features:
- My Feed aggregates content from news sources relevant to your job and industry. This may be further tailored to your preferences.
- By using the Microsoft 365 admin centre site, IT administrators may choose which subjects and hobbies are available for their firm.
- To tailor your feed based on your interests, click the Personalize menu item at the top and select material that is important to you from the interests provided by your company.
- To view the content in My Feed, select Tile view or Topic view. These options may be found in the top right corner of the My Feed menu.
How to Disable My Feed on Microsoft Edge
When you start a new tab on the Microsoft Edge browser, you’ll see that it’s packed with a lot of information, such as news, weather, adverts, and so on. The good news is that you can disable my feed feature on Microsoft Edge
Step 1. Launch Microsoft Edge browser on your PC.
Step 2. Click the Settings icon at the top and select Custom.
Step 3. Now, select Content off under the Content drop-down menu.
Step 4. Finally, enjoy a clutter-free homepage on Microsoft Edge web browser in Windows 10.
How to Enable News Feed on Edge
In the meantime, if you’ve decided to enable my feed on Microsoft Edge back then here are the steps:
- Launch Microsoft Edge browser on your PC.
- Now, select either Content visible, Content partially visible or Headings only under the Content drop-down menu.
Mircosoft Edge Page Layout
- Focused: provides a design without a background picture, a search box, and fast access to your most often visited sites. Also, if you scroll down, you’ll see news that is personalised to your preferences.
- Inspirational: offers a similar experience as Focused, but with a daily changing backdrop image. You may get news headlines personalised to your preferences by scrolling down.
- Informational: has a search box, fast links, and a background image, but it concentrates on web-based material.
This is how you can disable my feed from the Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10. If you’re someone who likes to read tech-related news or any other then this feature can be quite helpful for you. In the meantime, if you want a clutter-free environment then remove the news feed on the Edge Chromium browser.
- How to customize new tab page on the new Microsoft Edge