Do you want to learn how to connect and use Samsung DeX wirelessly on your computer and laptop? then you’re in the right place. In this feature, we will show you how to connect & use wireless DeX on a laptop and PC in Windows 10.
Meanwhile, previously you could this by connecting their Galaxy smartphone to a computer through HDMI or USB type C cable, they can create a PC-like experience. It’s a fantastic method to keep productive without using a computer. Simply connect your phone to a keyboard and mouse and start to work.
However, with the introduction of Samsung DeX wireless, you don’t need accessories like a USB C cable or dock and Dex software. All you need to have is a laptop that supports Miracast. Wireless DeX on a laptop is the best method to share material or show slides from your phone, allowing you to make the most of its capabilities.
Screen mirroring vs. Wireless DeX
So, how does wireless DeX differ from ordinary screen mirroring on your TV? First, there’s the user interface: DeX is a virtual desktop environment. It does more than simply make your phone’s screen bigger. Multiple programmes may be shown, windows may be resized, keyboard shortcuts can be used, and the right mouse button may be used.
You can also check your phone’s incoming alerts and calls without having to take a break from what you’re doing to look at it. You don’t have to slow down to remain on top of relevant communications while you’re in the zone and at your most productive.
Second, while your phone is powered by DeX, you may continue to use it as a phone. It essentially provides you with a two-screen experience. While you continue to present on TV, you may do whatever you want on your phone. For example, if you need to rapidly reply to an important text from a coworker while the slides are up on the screen, you may do so without disrupting the presentation.
How to Connect & Use Wireless DeX on Laptop in Windows 10 in Windows 10
So, if you’ve decided to connect & use wireless DeX on your laptop or PC in Windows 10 then here are the steps:
How to Connect Wireless DeX on Laptop in Windows 10
- Press Win key+I to open Settings then navigate to System > Projecting to this PC and make sure Available everywhere is selected on your laptop.
- Now, on your Galaxy phone, tap DeX. Swipe down twice the quick settings panel and you’ll see the DeX option.
- Tap on laptop or PC’s name and then tap Start now.
- Click OK on your laptop to allow Samsung DeX wireless.
- Finally, you’ve successfully connected DeX to your laptop wirelessly.
How to Use Wireless DeX on Laptop
- To use your Galaxy phone as a touchpad, swipe down the quick settings panel and tap “Use your phone as a touchpad.”
- You can find the Recents, Home and Back at the bottom left-hand corner.
- To bring up your apps, select the Apps icon at the bottom left-hand side.
- In the meantime, you can access the quick settings panel like wifi, time & date and other settings at the bottom right-hand corner.
- To end the process, select the Apps icon and select Exit DeX.
Samsung DeX Wireless Supported Galaxy Devices
You’ll need a Samsung Galaxy phone running One UI 2.5 or One UI 3.1 to use wireless DeX on a PC. Samsung’s tablets are strangely missing from this functionality, but maybe that will change in the future. The following devices are compatible:
- Galaxy S9 series
- Galaxy S10 series
- Galaxy S20 series, including FE
- Galaxy S21 series
- Galaxy Note10 series
- Galaxy Note20 series
- Galaxy Z Flip and Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy Fold
- Galaxy Fold 2
This post was all about how to connect & use Samsung wireless DeX on a laptop and PC in Windows 10. Though you can use your phone as a touchpad, it’s better to use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for a better desktop-like experience.