Do you want to customize the Microsoft Edge startup page in Windows 10? If this is the question that you want to know then you’re in the right place. In this post, we’re going to show you how to change the Microsoft Edge background in Windows 10.
Meanwhile, the new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) is one of the best web browsers for Windows users along with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. In the meantime, the old Edge browser was a bit boring and quirky but with the introduction of Edge Chromium, it’s getting interesting. Several features are added to the new Edge browser (Chromium) like the ability to customize the new tab page such as changing background, disabling the news feed or My feed and many more useful features.
Microsoft Edge Chromium
Microsoft launched the Edge browser, which is built on the Chromium engine, in early 2019, and it has proven to be one of the company’s better selections. Because the Edge browser is built on Chromium, you don’t have to worry about extensions because you can get them through the Chrome Web Store or the Edge Add-On Store.
In comparison to Chrome, the new Edge uses less energy and RAM, and most Google background services have been deleted, making it lighter and quicker to operate.
Microsoft Edge Features
- Modes of reading and reading aloud
- Media is cast to the device.
- The task manager in the browser is comparable to the task manager in Windows. This allows you to see how much memory, CPU, and network are used by the website, plugins, and other browser components.
- Tracking Prevention: The Edge Chromium has a Tracking Prevention function built-in. Basic, Balanced, and Strict are the three options. You can use this to block trackers, view fewer customised advertisements, and block trackers that are known to be dangerous.
- SmartScreen by Microsoft protects you against dangerous websites and downloads.
How to Change Microsoft Edge Background in Windows 10
If Microsoft Edge browser is your go-to browser and wants to change the Edge wallpaper background then here are the steps to change the background on Microsoft Edge Chromium browser in Windows 10:
Step 1. Launch Microsoft Edge web browser on your Windows PC or laptop.
Step 2. Click the Settings or gear icon at the top and then select Custom under the Page layout option.
Step 3. Now, select Your own image option under the Background section and then choose Upload.
Step 4. Locate your preferred image background and click Open.
As you can see in the screenshot below that the Microsoft Edge background is successfully changed.
How to Remove the Edge Browser Wallpaper
If you have decided to change or remove the Microsoft Edge background then you can remove the current wallpaper and set a new one.
Here are the steps to remove the background:
- Launch Microsoft Edge web browser on your Windows PC or laptop.
- Click the Settings or gear icon at the top and then select Custom under the Page layout option.
- Now, select Remove.
How to Disable Background on Microsoft Edge
- Open the Edge browser, click the Settings icon and select Custom.
- Now, under the Background option, select Off.
So, this guide was all about how to change Microsoft Edge background in windows 10 PC or laptop.
How to Disable My Feed on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10