Do you work in a shared workspace and wish to keep your computer, particularly your personal files, safe from unwanted access? In this post, I will guide you on How to Automatically Lock your Windows 11 PC when you are away to prevent unauthorized access.
Leaving your PC unlocked can put your data at risk, especially if you’re at work or in another collaborative area with a lot of people and you need to leave your Windows computer alone for a time throughout the day.
Fortunately, Windows offers a built-in solution for this issue that is both efficient and customized to this situation. The Windows ‘Dynamic Lock’ function allows you to link your phone through Bluetooth, and then Windows automatically locks itself whenever you walk away with your phone in your pocket, preventing unwanted access to your system.
How to Set Up Dynamic Lock in Windows 11 to lock the computer automatically
As previously noted, you may use your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device to set up Dynamic lock in Windows 11 and have Windows automatically lock itself when you leave the room to prevent unwanted access.
However, you must first link your smartphone with Windows through Bluetooth before you can set up Dynamic lock.
Pair Your Smartphone with your Windows 11 PC through Bluetooth
It’s simple to connect your mobile devices to Windows 11. simply follow the steps outlined below
- Open the Settings. Press Windows Key + I to go to Settings directly.
- On the left pane, click on Bluetooth & devices.
- Now, Turn on the Bluetooth on the right pane of the screen and then click the Add device button to begin pairing your Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- Here, choose Bluetooth as the kind of device you wish to pair.
- Now, make sure that you have turned on your Phone’s Bluetooth as well. Then, from the list that your computer displays, tap on your device’s name.
- Complete the pairing. Now your phone and Windows 11 are paired.
How to Enable Dynamic Lock in Windows 11
Let’s enable the Dynamic Lock now that you’ve connected your smartphone with Windows 11. Follow the instructions below to get started setting Dynamic Lock in Windows 11.
- Again open the Settings. To get straight to Settings, press Windows Key + I.
- On the Settings pane, click on Accounts and then select Sign-in options.
- Scroll down and in the Additional settings category, click on Dynamic lock, and Check the box next to Allow Windows to automatically lock your device when you’re away, then choose your mobile paired mobile device shown.
- That’s it. You’ve now Successfully Activated Dynamic Lock on your Windows 11 computer. Your computer’s scanning capability will now automatically scan your connected phone. When you take your phone away from your computer, it will automatically lock.
While the Dynamic lock function assists you in automatically locking your computer while you are gone, it is not totally perfect. After your phone leaves the Bluetooth range, it takes about 30-40 seconds for your computer to lock. Your system will not lock itself if there is any human input during that period, negating the purpose of the function.
This is how you can set up Dynamic lock in Windows 11 to Automatically Lock Your Windows 11 PC when You’re Away. I hope this post helped you with what you were looking for.
You May Also Like:
How to Find Your IP Address in Windows 11 (Three Easy Ways)
How to Find Wi-Fi Password in Windows 11 ( Two Methods )