You might want to add a watermark in your images to protect them against image theft or for other reasons. So, this post guides you on How to Add Watermark to Photos in Windows 11 and 10.
Similarly, watermarking your photographs before sharing them with the public is a common practice in the photography industry, as well as many other fields. This method is used by photographers, designers, bloggers, and e-commerce businesses for a variety of reasons.
First and importantly, this is a fantastic way to avoid photo theft. True, once an image is posted on the internet, it becomes open to theft. Having a watermark on your photographs, on the other hand, will make would-be thieves think twice about stealing your work. You are claiming ownership of a piece of content when you place a watermark on it.
Moreover, watermarking has a purpose other than security. It’s also about establishing a brand and acquiring the necessary exposure. If you have a text with your website’s or company’s name or logo on images, people will be able to recognize you and your business. Furthermore, if one of your watermarked photographs becomes viral and receives a lot of shares, it will surely drive a lot of traffic to your website and help you get more exposure online.
How to Add Watermark to Photos in Windows 11 and 10
Follow the steps below to add a watermark on your photos in Windows 11 and Windows 10 for free:
- First, click here to download the app.
- Once it is downloaded, extract it. The password is
- Now Install the app and then follow the directions on the screen.
- Open it once it’s been installed. Click on Add files, select any photo you want to open, then click Open.
- Click Next Step on this screen.
- Here, you can either use text or image. For now, I’ll use a text file. You may change the size, rotation, and opacity, among other things.
- When everything is set, click Save & Create a New Layer and then click on Next Step.
- In here, click on Run, and when finished, click OK.
- You’ve successfully added a watermark to your image at this point. Take a look at the image below.
That’s how you can Add Watermark to Your Photos in Windows 11 and 10 through this watermark application.
Watermark Photos Via MS Paint
Despite the fact that this classic Windows software has been around for a long time, it has never been known for its ability to edit photographs. Watermarks may still be applied to photos on PCs using MS Paint.
Double-click the app’s desktop icon to launch it, then select the photo you want to watermark from the Open menu. After the image appears on the Paint canvas, go to the Color section of the software’s toolbar and choose a color for the watermark text. Colors like grey or black are usually good options because they don’t draw too much attention from the spectator.
Select the Text tool, which looks like a capital A, and drag the textbox to the desired location in the image. Because the font will be seen as part of your visual identity, choose it carefully, and remember to select the font size before you start typing.
Save the changes you’ve made by clicking Save and altering the image’s name to avoid corrupting the original photo file.
That’s it. This was the procedure to Add Watermark to Photos in Windows 11 and Windows 10. I hope you found this post to be useful. Thanks.
You May Also Like